We try to use everything we can, to the fullest. And if you can make some greener cleaning supplies, that are WAY cheaper than all those chemical laden ones.. Why not!
I make my own Laundry Soap.
And now.. Dish soap. Now see, I don't own a dishwasher unless you count mine and the Papa Bears hands.
Heres a great recipe for using your leftover bits of soap! That way nothing goes to waste!
* 2 cups of soap shavings
* 2-3 cups of hot water, plus more to dilute
Follow these steps when making the dish soap.
1. In a small bucket, place your soap shavings.
2. Cover with hot water and let it sit for several hours or overnight to soften.
3. In the morning, stir and mash the soap shavings until smooth. Add more hot water to dilute to preferred consistency.
4. You can add lemon juice or vinegar if you'd like, to help with cutting grease on dishes.
5. Pour into squeeze bottles or other containers. Shake well before use
(this recipe came from How to do Things
More thrifty fun things to come! Im on a hunt for some great uses for things I have around my house!