Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lessons learned making Apple Pie

Friday as a special treat, I decided to make a homemade apple pie... Most people know I LOVE to bake. Cooking and baking...Those things are fun. Baking above all is my favorite. As the weather cools down(ok its downright cold right now) I bake a lot more. Love to heat the house without using a heater.
Lesson 1 on making the pie crust...USE ICE COLD WATER! (yes I did not do this. a hour and a half later...My pie crust was ugly but functional)
Lesson 2 Kids have fun baking too
Lesson 3 I don't care what that recipe says. 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to 1/2 cup of sugar.. NOT ENOUGH! Increase your cinnamon lol.
Lesson 4 Red delicious apples work just fine

And the most important of all...
Lesson 5 Just because it looks ugly.. Its still edible and yummy
hehehe
And no.. No pic of the ugly pie. I think just SAYING how ugly it was, was enough.

No comments: