Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Those days...

Well I am a day late in laundry day. Trying to actually catch up my week. And then I still have the kitchen to do for today. I am thinking of making our own all purpose cleaner. We already make our own laundry soap. Not only does it cut costs in the laundry department, it actually leaves your clothes clean. There is no smell at all. No flower scent or ocean breezes. With our lil Bears skin we need to watch what we use on him. And so far he has not had a rash since we began using this a couple months ago. The all purpose cleaner seems to go along the same lines as the laundry soap, Using almost the same ingredients. I rave about the laundry soap so we will see about the cleaner! I would LOVE to cut cost and still have a clean home.
Here is the recipe I used to make our own Laundry soap. All these items I actually found in ONE STORE! Our local Crest Foods! If you can not find Fels Naptha you can also use Ivory or ZOTE(I have never seen this one)

HOMEMADE LAUNDRY SOAP!
1/3 bar Fels Naptha bar laundry soap

½ cup washing soda

½ cup borax powder

~You will also need a small bucket, about 2 gallon size~



Grate the soap and put it in a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel. You use ½ cup per load

Ok going to keep my laundry going. I hope to finish this today!

No comments: